About The Author
Originally from Rhode Island, Lynn Ducoff Belkin graduated with a degree in Business from The George Washington University. After a year of service with Americorp, she earned an MBA from Johnson and Wales University. She then followed her true passion and earned her MS in Child Life from Bank Street School of Education in New York.
Lynn Belkin now resides in Brookline, MA with her husband, Matt, and Norman, their Miniature Goldendoodle. As a New England based Great Escapes Coordinator she enjoys the opportunity to combine both her degrees, life and professional experiences in order to plan group events for children, and their families dealing with a serious illness.
She wrote this book in order to share her experiences with others.
- Lynn has spoken, on behalf of survivors, at events such as the Have A Chance Walk in New York City.
- Lynn is available to present on the following topics
- Life as a survivor
- Message behind Home in Time for My Birthday
- Self Publishing
- Jewish Herald and Voice - Rhode Island, 'Books on the Beach' supports Hadassah Medical Center in Jerusalem (PDF)
- Go Local Providence, Well-Read: Local Authors Hood, Nathan, & Belkin Team Up for Fundraiser
- Interview on NBC 10, Providence, Rhode Island
- Brooklyn Daily Eagle, Brain Tumor Survivor Inspires Crowd at 'Have a Chance' Walk
- Jewish Voice & Herald, Offering hope to ill patients
- Podcast: Reading with Robin Radio Show
- Rhode Island Hadassah
Books on the Beach - Newport, RI
August 16, 2011
- National Brain Tumor Society
Boston Brain Tumor Walk
October 1, 2011
"I met Lynn when she was six years old. I was one of the doctors who looked after her.
I have known her ever since, liking her more, admiring her more whenever we talk or meet. Her story is a lovely one. It is hard to need specialized care as a child as she did - but she allowed the experience to enhance her innate qualities. She took over her own situation and was not controlled by what took place. She shares her thoughts and feelings so that other children and other families are less lonely-a true gift.
Her own experiences lead her to choose a career working with children and their families, giving freely of her time to other 'survivors', this is the splendid young woman that Lynn has become. Living proof that life is always fun if we allow it to be.
I have learned from Lynn too. She has helped me do my work the better for her insights and humor..." Dr. Rita Linggood, MD - Radiation Oncologist